Thursday, September 29, 2011

A century (in km)

Yesterday was rough! First thing, I went to the applied folk art museum in kecskemét. There are really some crazy things that people can make! Tons of time and tons of patience. There were all sorts of woodcrafts, embroidery, weaving, and more, separated by the regions they.come from and identified by the people who made them. After that, I left town and took the scenic tour to Szeged (no, not a euphemism for getting lost).

I saw some pretty amazing country scenes, some beautiful towns, some not so beautiful towns, lots of old people on bikes, and more. Does Hungary have a big trade in sunflower seeds? I saw a lot of fields of planted sunflowers. Also I saw cornfields with official looking signs in front of the corn. Genetic strains? I ate lunch/dinner in a small place between a bike road and the highway. It looked so charming that I had to stop. It wasnt the best hamburger ive ever had, but was maybe the best beer, ha. The people were really nice, but didnt speak english. I ended up biking 120 km yesterday (72 miles). When I got to Szeged, I dropped my bags off and went to bike polo. Yes, evidently I am a masochist. I played a couple of grandma style games on Sofia, due to tiredness and inability to play on that bike. It was a practice session; I guess they play for real on Saturday. We played in a Tesco (giant supermarket) parking lot, no boards, walls, etc. A nice guy has put together a bicycle that I can play on for Saturday, but I am worried about it! It is fixed gear, with spd pedals. I may end up killing myself, fingers crossed! When I got back to Peter's, I experienced the most amazing shower.

Picture explanations: saw this huge windmill restaurant, and then while resting by the road I saw the biggest catapiller I have ever seen, next to a smashed beercan. Right after that pic I heard a mouse getting attacked ( probably by another monster catapiller, so I left.very.quickly)



No comments:

Post a Comment