Sunday, October 9, 2011

Arad

Okay, on Friday morning I left Szeged and biked to Arad, Romania. The border crossing was super easy! Im really happy to not be a truck driver though. They only have one lane to wait in, and they were backed up at least a mile. I definitely got some strange looks from them as I biked through the car lane. Now I have three stamps in my passport; very exciting for me! There isnt very much to report about my journey, although I did arrive in a not so nice looking part of the city on my way in and was a little hesitant at first, but was quickly reassured.
My host, Daniel, is pretty amazing. He had to go out of town for the weekend, and he was very welcoming and we had a chance to talk for a couple of hours before he left, which is fortunate. Yesterday I explored some, and went to the grocery and cooked myself a big dinner and stuffed myself. I really need to buying cookies though! Today I got rained on when I left the house, so I stopped riding and im at the mall using the wifi and drying out. Its chilly here, high of 60F, hopefully it warms up again..



No comments:

Post a Comment