Friday, September 16, 2011

Ethnographic museum

<p>&lt;p&gt;I had a really nice post written out but had someu technical difficulties and lost it. I enjoyed my day yesterday trying to go on a tour of the city, which I did, and ended up having an awesome private tour from adam! Double decker bus, the works. Welk worth getting lost trying to find it! After that I went on a grand adventure trying to get to the grocery. After wandering around for A WHILE I found it magically underground and bought some food, then went to this crazy huge mall trying to find a phone charger, which I found and it works better than the one from at&amp;amp;t. Typical... Then I went with my host, Zoltan, to a lasagna party. There are so many people in couchsurfing from different places. Italy, france, romania, sweden, american, and they are all living here! Pretty impressive. Good stories, good lasagna, etc. Then I went home and couldnt sleep for the life of me. Wanted to be productive but didnt roll out until about 11, but I did enjoy some espresso in the shop downstairs. Very leisurely.  Then I went to the ethnographic.museum, where I tried to post to my blog but then got many errors and had to start all over. Fingers crossed. The museum.was cool, very cultural. Lots of costumes, artifacts, furniture, etc. And the architecture is amazing.

Then I wondered around parliament, also a gorgeous building. After that, biked aimlessly, took tourist pictures by the river. Ended up at the shoes and met Phillip and Kasha (sp?). She had just moved here from Poland, and he is from washington state and has been touring by bike for a while now. Its nice to be able to speak to americans after hearing hungarian all day and not understanding. I will miss it once I leave budapest. Then I switched houses, from zoltans to the bike.polo peoples house. They are named gabör and eva. Im sure there are some more letter accoutrements, but oh well. I followed eva home on my bike, then ended up going downtown later with gabor and another guy on their tallbikes, which attract a lot of attention around here. It was loads of fun, and even got a bit chilly, pretty nice. Sucks for texas, but I hear you guys got some rain. Its 52 here right now. Uhh tired, hope this post works!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment