Monday, September 19, 2011

Ive been busy!

On saturday I was quite lazy in the morning; puttered around the house most of the day with gabor and eva. They are really awesome! I finally left the house and went to Gödör klub, where.they were having an all night tanchaz (hungarian dance house). Gödör was originally the start of a building that was never finished, so this club is the basement, in the middle of a square. It was really exciting to see live hungarian musicians playing the music I am so familiar with. Mezöségi is evidently quite popular, but they also had sessions of dances from somogyi, szék, vajda, kalotaszeg, rábaköz, szatmar, and more. They also had csango stuff and even a session of line dances from macedonia (was not impressed). All in all, it was pretty awesome! Yes, I cheated and looked at.the program from the evening; I cant remember all that stuff.

I went to sleep around five but I was playing bike polo with the hungarians by ten thirty the next morning. I love the way they play! Everyone is so polite, and their court is amazing as well. Full boards that are bouncy, with very little time spent recovering the ball. I played really well too, scoring the winning goals of three games. They have a good skill level too and I really liked the setup I was playing with (bike, mallet, etc), so now ive got some work to do when I get home. Their goals are really neat too. Gabor carries all this what looks like.pvc down to the courts on his bike in a large backpack, as well as a front rack that he welded himself. I am quite impressed with his abilities; both with welding and with bike polo playing ( and more). Eva insisted that I played on her bike the whole time I was there, so I got a lot of play in, and it felt great. Enough polo gushing...

After polo we went home and chatted for pretty much the rest of the day. We discussed all sorts of things about the us and hungary, especially regarding government, economic, and social issues. Quite informative...

Today I went into town and explored with a guy I met from couchsurfing, alejandro. We explored the Buda castle and walked all over the city taking pictures and seeing the culture. We also went to one of the big.markets here and got a delicious taste of the local food (see picture). I will be going back to eat more, for sure. I guess thats all ive got. It rained here, and I got soaked, but found out that my panniers are indeed waterproof, so.thats a good thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment