Saturday, September 24, 2011

Szentendre

Today I meandered on down to Szentendre. I took my sweet time, finally arriving at about 1:30. I took lots of pictures on the way. Fortunately there were a.lot of.other people biking there. Although there is a bike trail (part of.eurovelo 6), it got confusing or hairy.at times, and I could pull off the trail when confused and see where other people were going. When hairy, I was glad that I have a little experience mountain biking, cause I needed it! I saw a few people riding with very skinny road tires though, and even a fixed gear! The town was very pretty and the roads were indeed narrow and cobblestoned. The ride and weather were perfect! Evidently the town is quite big on tourism. A ton of shops, most with the exact same things for sale. Stopped by the kovacs blue dye shop, and had a late lunch at a cafe and had a very yummy iced coffee with whipped cream, and a very.yummy pasta dish. I enjoyed watching the people as I ate, and there was even a parade that went by.

There were tons of oldsters on tour busses that went there. It was pretty funny to see them freak out as they were late to get back on and had to jog to make it back. After lunch I did some more shopping, and finally headed back. There are a lot of cottages where people vacation, and an area midway between Budapest and Szentendre where there are a ton of little cafes and eating establishments, I guess that cater to the cottages and the bikers. Most of the trail was right along the Danube. On the way back, I stopped at this grocery that ended up being like a huge monster walmart. Totally overwhelming, but a great vocabulary lesson! Then I of course got a little lost on the way back (thanks gps), but quickly figured it out. Then I meandered home and ate some dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment